Get excited, May 2021 graduates! Not only is the end of the semester just a month away, but an in-person commencement celebration awaits you.
Concordia University is pleased to announce the return of face-to-face commencement to celebrate the spring 2021 graduation candidates. The May ceremonies will still look different than in previous years, but we’re thrilled to share that graduates will get the chance to physically cross the commencement stage.
CUAA ceremony and ticketing information
Sunday, May 9 – Concordia University Ann Arbor Field House
Two separate ceremonies will take place on Sunday, May 9 at:
- 1 p.m.
- 4 p.m.
* All times are Eastern Time zone
Master’s candidates will receive an email by 8 a.m. on Monday, April 5 with a link that will allow them to register for their personal ticket, as well as two guest tickets. Graduate students have been assigned to the 4 p.m. time slot on Sunday, May 9.
Undergraduate degree candidates will be able to register for a ceremony beginning Tuesday, April 6. A link will be received in CUAA emails by 8 a.m. Undergraduate students may select their preferred ceremony time of the two available slots. Priority will be determined on a first come, first served basis. To register for a ceremony, students must register for their ticket, as well as two guest tickets.
Ticket ordering information
- Guests will not be able to order their own tickets.
- You must use your CUAA student email account when ordering your tickets.
- All tickets are non-transferable. Each ticket will include the name of the graduate or guest and must be used by that person only.
- You and your guests must show your tickets to be admitted to the ceremony. You may print your tickets or show the ticket barcode from your phone. All tickets will be scanned.
- Children attending the ceremony as guests must have a ticket and must occupy a seat. Children may not share a seat.
- If you or your guests decide not to use their ticket, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that the tickets may be given to others wishing to attend.
- If you or your guests require accessible seating, please contact the President’s Office, (734) 995-7331, to make those arrangements.
The university will practice safety protocols in accordance with state and local guidelines:
- Guests will be permitted to enter the Field House 45 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony. Guests arriving earlier will be required to wait outside of the Field House to allow time for sanitation between ceremonies.
- All graduates within each time slot will have the chance to walk across the commencement stage. Virtual content will be made available at cuaa.edu/graduation.
- To allow for social distancing and capacity restrictions, each graduate will be permitted only two guests tickets. Ceremonies will be livestreamed for additional loved ones to celebrate in real-time.
- Masks will be required by all graduates and guests, faculty, and staff. Those without a mask will not be permitted to enter the Field House. Disposable masks will be available for those who may need them.
- All participants are required to maintain a 6-foot social distance from others not in their immediate family. Seating will be arranged so that that two guests of the same family will be able to sit next to one another, while maintaining 6-foot distance from other families.
- No eating and/or drinking will be permitted in the Field House. Vending machines will not be accessible during commencement.
- Guests will be ushered to their seats and dismissed in a manner that maintains social distance.
- 2020 graduates: We haven’t forgotten about you! As COVID capacity in the Field House increases in the future, we will be sure to let you know when you can return to walk and join us for a commencement ceremony.
Further CUAA commencement details will be shared in the upcoming weeks. For specific CUAA graduation questions, contact email@example.com.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.