Embarking on a career journey is not just about finding a job; it’s about discovering a path that aligns with your passions, values, and aspirations. In today’s dynamic professional world, individuals seek financial stability, fulfillment, and purpose in their chosen fields. A rewarding career is often characterized by a sense of fulfillment, satisfaction, and purpose within a job.
From aligning with personal values to preparing individuals for impactful roles in various industries, CUAA degrees are designed to empower students to excel in their fields and find genuine satisfaction and meaning in their work. This quest for a rewarding career has led many to explore diverse educational opportunities, and CUAA is proud to offer various paths. Take a look!
Most rewarding careers
An article from Indeed lists the most rewarding careers based on the following criteria:
- Matches your skill set
- Opportunities for advancement
- Aligns with your values
- Ability to care for others
And guess what? Eight programs offered at Concordia University Ann Arbor show up on the list. Check them out!
2022 median pay: $62,360 per year
Teachers facilitate learning and guide students in acquiring knowledge, skills, and understanding.
Concordia provides multiple paths to a career in teaching:
- CUAA’s traditional education program offers our traditional undergraduate students various majors in becoming a teacher, such as elementary and secondary education.
- We offer flexible programs in Elementary, Secondary, and Special Education for online students.
- We offer graduate programs to advance your education if you already have a teaching certification. Additionally, suppose you already have a bachelor’s degree in another area but want to get your teaching certification. In that case, we offer a Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction with a Teacher Certification program offering an Elementary or Secondary Education option.
2022 median pay: $49,710 per year
Counselors provide emotional support, guidance, and assistance to individuals facing personal, academic, or career challenges.
Concordia provides multiple paths to becoming a counselor:
- CUAA offers a traditional undergraduate program in Psychology and an online program in Applied Psychology.
- If you already have your bachelor’s degree, we offer a Master’s in Counseling program through our Wisconsin campus.
3. Athletic Training
2022 median pay: $53,840 per year
Athletic trainers specialize in preventing, diagnosing, and treating injuries for athletes, promoting physical well-being and facilitating optimal performance.
Concordia provides a path to becoming an athletic trainer:
- CUAA offers a Master’s in Athletic Training degree which students can complete in 2 years.
4. Human Resources Manager
2022 median pay: $130,000 per year
Human resource managers oversee an organization’s workforce’s recruitment, development, and management, ensuring compliance with policies and fostering a positive workplace culture.
Concordia provides multiple paths to becoming a human resources manager:
- CUAA’s traditional program offers our undergraduate students a human resources and strategic leadership degree.
- Our online program offers a flexible degree in human resources for our non-traditional students.
- We offer an online MBA in Human Resources program for those with a bachelor’s degree.
2022 median pay: $81,220 per year
Nurses provide comprehensive and compassionate patient care, collaborating with healthcare teams to promote well-being, prevent illness, and support individuals throughout their health journeys.
Concordia provides multiple paths to becoming a nurse:
- CUAA offers a traditional on-campus bachelor’s in nursing degree.
- We also offer an online RN to BSN Completion program for those who have already completed their associate (ADN) degree and obtained their RN license.
- For those wanting to further their education, we also offer Master in Nursing and Doctorate in Nursing programs.
6. Physical Therapist
2022 median pay: $97,720 per year
Physical therapists assess, diagnose, and treat individuals with physical injuries or conditions, using therapeutic techniques and exercises to enhance mobility, reduce pain, and improve overall functional abilities.
Concordia offers a couple of ways to become a physical therapist:
- For traditional undergraduate students wanting to pursue physical therapy, students earn a Bachelor’s in Rehabilitation Science degree.
- We offer a Doctor of Physical Therapy program for those who finished their bachelor’s degree.
7. Occupational Therapist
2022 median pay: $93,180 per year
Occupational therapists help individuals of all ages overcome physical, cognitive, or emotional challenges by facilitating meaningful activities and adapting environments to enhance independence and quality of life.
Concordia offers a couple of ways to become an occupational therapist:
- For traditional undergraduate students wanting to pursue occupational therapy, students earn a Bachelor’s in Rehabilitation Science degree.
- We offer a Doctor of Occupational Therapy program for those who finished their bachelor’s degree.
8. Chief Executive Officer
2022 median pay: $100,090 per year
A Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for providing strategic leadership, making major corporate decisions, managing overall operations, and ensuring the organization’s success and growth.
Concordia offers many ways to break into the world of business:
- Our traditional on-campus students have many business majors, such as management and marketing.
- CUAA’s online program offers multiple flexible degrees in business.
- For students wanting to further their education, we offer an MBA program with multiple concentration options.
- Our Wisconsin campus offers a DBA program for business professionals wishing to expand their knowledge.
At Concordia University Ann Arbor, education is at the junction of faith and learning. That means that we get to know you personally – your unique gifts and skills – to help you develop fully in mind, body, and spirit to achieve your highest potential. Whatever area of study you pursue, within any of our five academic schools, you can expect personal attention, challenging courses, and genuine support from professors and staff who are invested in your success.