Concordia basketball fans, here’s all you need to know to participate in this year’s Concordia Invitational Tournament at Concordia University Wisconsin, Jan. 26-27.
Alumni, students, faculty, and staff of our beloved Concordias, let’s put the full-court press on this year’s CIT. The 71st annual Concordia Invitational Tournament—the penultimate tournament to ever be held—will bring the men’s and women’s basketball teams, cheer teams, dance teams, and pep bands of Concordia Wisconsin, Ann Arbor, Chicago, and Nebraska to CUW’s R. John Buuck Field House for a weekend of competition.
The tournament will officially kick off on Friday, Jan. 26 at 1 p.m. with a match between the women’s basketball teams of CUAA and CUNE. The conclusion of the tournament will be on Saturday, Jan. 27 with the men’s championship game taking place at 7:30 p.m. The full competition schedule, with access to livestream links, may be viewed at www.cuw.edu/CIT.
Be sure to make time for these featured events:
All Concordia Alumni Social
Saturday, Jan. 27
3:30-5:30 p.m. | Luptak Terrace Room
Hall of Fame Introduction
Friday, Jan. 26
Halftime of the CUW women’s basketball game (6 p.m. tipoff)
All Concordia Student Bingo & Bags Night
Friday, Jan. 26
9-11 p.m. | Albrecht Lounge and Terrace Room
For parking instructions and a map of campus, click here.
Alumni and General Ticketing Info
- Tournament pass: $25
- Day pass: $15
Tickets may be purchased at the field house entrance. Cash only.
Student and Employee Ticketing Info
Registration for CIT Fan Travel is closed. CIT Fan Travel will depart CUAA on Thursday, Jan. 25 at 9 a.m. and return to CUAA on Sunday, Jan. 28 at 4 p.m. More information for students can be found here. For general questions and concerns, feel free to contact the Student Events Coordinator LaDonna Hawthorne via email email@example.com.
Alumni, faculty/staff, family, and friends are encouraged to attend, but must coordinate their travel, lodge, game tickets, and fan apparel separately (although, a CIT t-shirt is available to non-students upon request. Contact Student Events Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org for details).
Additional Events and Opportunities for Alumni
In addition to the All Concordia Alumni Social on Saturday afternoon, CUAA alumni receive access to a few more perks:
- Bird’s Eye Lounge (For CUWAA alumni and parents) | CUWAA’s Office of Alumni Relations will, once again, be creating the Bird’s Eye Lounge in the Field House mezzanine. This will be a place to relax and take in the action in style. The lounge will be open beginning Friday for the first game at 1 p.m. and will remain open to alumni and parents throughout the tournament. No additional cost is required.
- Alumni booths | CUWAA alumni, check in at the alumni booth (tables) in the field house lobby to receive updates and giveaways from your alma mater. Each attending Concordia will have a table presence in the lobby.
- Hall of Fame | Don’t miss the introduction of the Hall of Fame Class of 2023 on Friday during the CUW women’s basketball halftime. On Saturday, an invite-only induction ceremony will also take place for honored guests. The induction ceremony will be from 10:30 a.m. to noon in the Luptak Terrace Room. Reach out to Greg.Witto@cuw.edu if you missed the email with your invite. An RSVP is requested.
Additional Events for all Concordia Students
CIT is also an opportunity for fun and camaraderie among Concordia students who have traveled from their respective campuses to support their home teams. Concordia students, meet other Concordians throughout the week with these events hosted by CUW’s Campus Activities Board and Student Government Association.
Each of the listings below are open to students from any of the participating Concordias. There will be opportunities to win prizes for those who participate.
- Wednesday – Thursday | Basketball Hunt
- Similar to an Easter Egg Hunt; find the basketballs and turn them in for a prize at the CAB Office, Albrecht 108D
- Friday: Bingo & Bags
- 4 p.m., Bingo in Albrecht Lounge
- 5 p.m., Bags (Cornhole) Tournament in Terrace Room
- All students are welcome to participate for a chance to win prizes!
- All student leaders are invited to meet and mingle over breakfast, hosted by CUW SGA
- Saturday: Student Leader Meet-Up, Ping Pong, Basketball Bingo
- Student Leader Meet-Up: 10-11 a.m., Lakeshore Room
- Ping Pong Tournament: 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Albrecht Lounge
- All students welcome to play and win prizes
- Basketball Bingo: Women’s & Men’s Consolation Games, Championship Games
- All students are welcome to play “Basketball Bingo” – grab a customized CIT Bingo card from the CAB table, watch the games, wait for a bingo, and claim your prize!