Concordia University Ann Arbor eagerly anticipates welcoming alumni, families, and friends of the university to the 2019 Homecoming activities on Friday, Oct. 4 and Saturday, Oct. 5.
One of the highlights of Homecoming weekend, the football game against conference rival Siena Heights, will begin at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 5 at Cardinal Stadium, 4090 Geddes Road.
Following a record-setting 2018 season, the Cardinals are poised to continue their upward momentum. On Monday, the NAIA announced a new poll that places CUAA 5th in the nation—the highest ranking in program history.
Wristbands for complimentary game admission (alumni only) will be available at the gate or at the alumni tailgate. Current students, faculty, and staff can enter free with their CUAA I.D. General admission tickets for ages 5 and up are $5. Children under 5 are also admitted for free.
For the first time, the Cardinal athletic department is hosting the Cardinals Homecoming Celebration for families, staff, faculty, and alumni on Friday evening, Oct. 4. This celebration is a social event from 7-10 p.m. at the Holiday Inn, 3600 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor. Tickets are $10 per person and include heavy appetizers and drinks. Attendees for the Cardinals Homecoming Celebration must be 21 years or older. Click here to reserve your spot!
CUAA’s homecoming weekend offers plenty of other opportunities for fun and fellowship:
Friday, October 4, 2019
Cardinals Homecoming Celebration
- 7—10 p.m., Holiday Inn Ann Arbor
- For alumni, friends, families, faculty, staff, and supporters; 21 years or older
- $10 tickets cover heavy appetizers and drinks. Click here to buy your ticket!
Saturday, October 5, 2019
Annual Alumni Service Event
- 9:30—11 a.m., Earhart Manor Tent
- Tie fleece blankets to be given to young patients in Ann Arbor area children’s hospitals. Concordia students will join the alumni!
- 11 a.m.—12:30 p.m., Earhart Manor Tent
- Complimentary lunch is available for alumni, families, and friends of Concordia. Look for the alumni table to pick up complimentary game admission wristbands (alumni only) and to sign the Decades Challenge board. Bring your kids to the free Kid Zone sponsored by CUAA sport and entertainment students!
Football Game Kick-Off
- 1 p.m., Cardinal Stadium
- Calling all alumni band members—join the alumni pep band for the day! Contact Bill Perrine if you’re interested at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-995-7232.
Post-game Alumni Social
- Following the football game, alumni are invited to a post-game social at Guy Hollerin’s in the Holiday Inn Ann Arbor, 3600 Plymouth Road. A cash bar and appetizers will be available.
Alumni are encouraged to register for all alumni-related events by clicking here or calling 734-995-4809.
Students’ Homecoming events begin Monday, September 30 with a kick-off pep rally hosted by SALT, CUAA’s Student Athlete Leader Team. Other highlights for students, organized by CUAA’s Student Events include minute-to-win-it games between classes, glow volleyball, ice skating, and “The Big Event” hosted by SGA.
— Rachel Thoms served on Concordia University's Strategic Communications team from 2015-2022. Any inquiries about this story can be sent to email@example.com.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.