Apply now for a teacher certification grant through the Michigan Department of Education.
Teacher certification grants available through MDE
Do you want to become a teacher? The Michigan Department of Education recently released grants for people who want to earn their initial teacher certification. Concordia University Ann Arbor is ready to partner with you in following your dream of becoming a teacher. CUAA offers secondary education certification or elementary education certification along with a master’s in curriculum & instruction.
Teacher certification grant details
- Concordia is one of only four schools that are approved to offer an expedited program. Concordia is the only one that offers certification in most subject areas.
- The grant covers up to $10,000 per student.
What’s the catch?
MDE distributes the funds through school districts. You’ll need to work with your school district to apply for this grant.
- You must be working in a school district while enrolled in our program.
- You’re responsible for paying for the course initially, and then your school district will reimburse you upon successful completion of the course.
- The current funding period is only through August. This means that only courses taken from February through August can be reimbursed.
Teacher certification at Concordia University
Is our post-baccalaureate MDE-approved teacher preparation program right for you? Courtney Slucter decided that this program was the right choice for her. Watch her testimonial here.
Is the Teacher Certification Program right for me?
This program is the perfect fit if you currently have a bachelor’s degree in any subject area, but want to become a teacher. You can earn both a master’s degree and your initial teaching certification in elementary or secondary education through this accelerated online program. Each course is eight weeks long and is self-paced.
In this program, you’ll learn how to design and use teaching methods in your content area, plan lessons, and build relationships to manage a classroom. Also, you’ll use best practices to engage in effective teaching, and learn how to implement technology into your lessons. Our program prepares you to serve your students and school community with confidence.
If you want to know more, contact program director Dr. Sara Clemm von Hohenberg.
— Vanessa Lane is the Content Marketing Lead at Concordia University and can be reached at email@example.com. When she's not at work, she can be found playing with her kids or watching NBA basketball with her husband.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.