From celebrating big wins, to capturing beautiful campus photos, this was a year of significant milestones and achievements for Concordia University Ann Arbor. We had a lot to share in 2019 as we lived out our mission of developing students in mind, body, and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and the world.
Concordia’s Strategic Communications team has utilized social media to keep students, alumni, family, and friends in the loop, and you, our CUAA community of social influencers, have in turn helped advance the Concordia mission in powerful ways by sharing our stories with your own friends, family, and acquaintances.
You made these moments possible. Here are the top three posts from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts that grabbed your attention the most in 2019. Check them out, and while you’re at it, follow Concordia so that YOU can have say in the top posts for 2020!
1. When CUAA competitive cheer won Concordia’s first-ever NAIA team national championship (March 9, 2019)
2. Thank you, God, for sending us your Son! He is Risen, indeed! (April 21, 2019)
3. Concordia students set up flags in the round-about to honor the victims of 9/11. Geddes Road commuters were greeted with a touching, visual reminder to pause—and remember. (September 11, 2019)
1. “Aaaaaand, bring home a Cardinal win!” Remember when the 2019 Homecoming King’s 32-yard touchdown reception on 4th-and-15 secured the 10-7 comeback Homecoming win for CUAA with just seconds left in the game? Yeah, us, too. (October 5, 2019)
2. Concordia’s campus is prone to showing off beautiful sunsets over the Huron River. Sophomore Alex Elliot caught one on camera. (August 18, 2019)
3. This .gif of Director of Athletics Lonnie Pries and Vice President of Administration Rev. Dr. Ryan Peterson was a gift to us all. CIT brings out the crazy in #CardinalCrazies. (January 22, 2019)
1. This year the Thunder Sports Complex was completed! This campus enhancement, made possible by generous donors, will positively impact students, employees, and the community for years to come. (August 29, 2019)
2. We’ve said it before, we’ll say it again: Concordia is beautiful in every season. Concordia fans always love seeing pictures of campus on social media. (March 25, 2019)
3. C-U (clap, clap) A-A (clap, clap) 2019 was CUAA’s turn to host the Concordia Invitational Tournament, and the Cardinals came out in full force! (January 25, 2019)
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.