The undergraduate application for the 2022-23 academic year is now open for students interested in attending Concordia University Ann Arbor. Apply today!
If you’re here, reading this post, it’s possible you know a few things about Concordia University Ann Arbor.
We want you to know a whole lot more about this place that nearly 1,200 current students affectionately call home. We hope that CUAA will one day be your home, too.
Get in on this: ALL IN!
Above all else, know this: At Concordia University Ann Arbor we are ALL IN. Everybody. That means that every single student is known and loved, personally. We can’t wait to know you, too. Faculty and staff routinely demonstrate this commitment in the classroom, in the halls, and on the fields, which is special, but not unusual, for a small private school. What makes CUAA uncommon is that our entire community (faculty, staff, alumni, and other students) go above and beyond to support and care for each other in life and for life. You will not find this level of commitment anywhere else.
Vice President of Administration Rev. Dr. Ryan Peterson describes the campus culture as “high challenge, high support.” According to Peterson, “We set high expectations for our students, but then we assure them that they are not alone. We walk alongside them every step along the way.”
Peterson, as the executive leader of campus, literally walks alongside students, runs alongside students, prays with students, studies with students (often at his home), cheers among students, and even stands on top of their shoulders as he is frequently lifted to the top of the pyramid by the cheer team during athletic events.
When you visit the CUAA campus, you will meet Rev. Dr. Peterson. He makes sure of it.
“No matter what I’m doing, nothing is more important than welcoming future students and their families to campus,” says Peterson.
Peterson sets the ALL IN stage that is fully embraced, campus-wide.
Here are some more unique ALL IN examples:
- Concordia Karaoke — Thanks to karaoke enthusiast and Campus Pastor Randy Duncan (aka “P-Dunc”), group singing to the classics is a staple at CUAA gatherings.
- Football Tailgates — The exciting Concordia Cardinals game-day environment includes a community-wide tailgate tradition after home football games that has become a highlight of campus life at CUAA.
- The CARDYs — An uncommon annual gala for students, faculty, and staff where everyone dresses up and recognizes another year of accomplishments, based off the annual award show The ESPYs.
- Sending Service — A campus-wide service each semester attended by the entire community for students heading out on internships, student teaching semesters, family life internships, and studying abroad.
- Blessing of the Hands — A meaningful celebration that blesses each new nursing cohort.
More than friends
There are many more things to know about us than our cool community vibe.
No doubt you know that we are a Christian community and that we place a high value on knowing and caring for each other. Perhaps you know that we are the Cardinals and that nearly 60 percent of our men and women are student-athletes. Hopefully you also know that we have a beautiful campus along the Huron River in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We like to say that “we offer a riverfront setting in a Big Ten town.”
Now let’s talk about academic programs. We offer 60 different choices from five different academic schools: Arts & Sciences, Business, Education, Health Professions, and Nursing. As CUAA grew exponentially in recent years, the university has made significant investments in a new academic building that supports all our health and nursing programs, and has supported the development of high-demand programs, in nursing, athletic training, and a whole slate of health professions.
All that to say, it is our mission to get you ready. Are you ready to take the next step?
Your ALL IN starts now
Which one of these resonates with you? Click to learn a little more about how Concordia University Ann Arbor helps students in each of these contexts.
- For the student who wants flexibility
- For the student who didn’t think college was within reach
- For the student looking for a community
- For the student who is unsure of what comes next
If you or someone you know wants to learn more about our uncommon college experience and how you can become a part of it, please apply today.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.